Monday 23 March 2015

Event Report: Japanese Culture Festival

Last Saturday (21th of March) I had the chance to be invited as a cosplay guest for the Japanese Culture Festival in Perl. It is a small event hosted by a few students from the "Deutsch-Luxemburgisches Schengen-Lyzeum Perl". I think they did a great job and it was very lovely!
I decided to show up in my Firecracker Jinx cosplay for that day.
At first I thought we'd be unlucky again (I went there with one of my friends, he also took some of the photos I post here), since there was a traffic jam on the route to get there, but we actually arrived almost on time.
And we immediately met a lot of people I know (for example Chachamaru and Nono) and also one of the organizers. She was so cute (right picture)!

After that we met Fairy and we even had the time to take a few pictures of our cosplays. But I will upload them on my page on a later date, if you're interested. ;) Have a selfie of us instead! She will accompany me and my friends to the Japan Expo Paris 2015.

(I don't know why my lips are blue here XD The original file doesn't have this problem haha XD)

Now I want to show you a few pictures of the vendors and displays.




And if you know me a bit better, you know that I cannot say "no" to cute plushes etc.. So I got myself this cute little fella here. I still need to give him a name... any ideas? :o He was made by one of the Anilux members. And it's in my favourite color! <3

A bit later that day the ladies from the Japanese Ladies' Association of Luxembourg had their gig on the main stage. Ohh they all sung so beautiful! And the piano was well played as well. Their last song was "Itsumo Nando Demo" from Spirited Away. It was so beautiful I almost cried.. Dang! But no one saw it so it's okay XD




There was also a Ju-Jutsu demonstration but we don't have pictures of it. Sorry! :O

We went outsite a bit and wanted to shoot, but in the end we made a lot of crazy pictures with some of the other cosplayers we met there. The organizers called for a small For-Fun cosplay contest after that.
I was in the judge team alongside with Chachamaru and Yves S. (one of their teachers :D) and it was pretty difficult to decide one winner since they all did a great job. Thanks to everyone for participating! Remember this was just a quick spontaneous for fun competition and nothing serious (otherwise we would have to exclude everyone who didn't make their complete costume by themselves)! :)

I also got a very funny request "can you please play dead for me so I can make a picture?". Well I gladly obeyed as you can see! xD


So the day went slowly to an end, I had a nice chat with some of the people I met there and I also got a sweet (literally! :D) gift from the organizers. Omnomnom! Jinx likes that! :D

So thank you very much for having me and for this very nice saturday! I now have to rest a bit since I got a cold afterwards... I hope I didn't infect someone. >__<"" Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment